When it comes to our homes, most of us don’t think twice about ensuring that our smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers are working and up to date.  We keep our lint trays clean, empty filters and generally do our best to keep our homes safe. But what about our electrical?

We often come across wiring in a home or building that has not been completed by a certified professional, and in many, if not most of these cases, we find things such as: loose connections, which causes arcing – an extremely dangerous hazard in your home; undersized or incorrect types of wiring being used for their intended application; old aluminum wiring which is no longer to code; and over-loaded and abused wall panels that are on the verge of blowing. In situations such as old aluminum wiring and wiring that has not been installed by an insured professional, in the event of a disaster, your insurance will not cover you. These are not only serious safety hazards in your home, but could be financially devastating.

The good news is, is that it only takes a few hours of work to see if your home is in safe working order electrically, or if it would needs some upgrades in order to make it safe. So in the same way you make sure your home is fire safe, we encourage you to take the time to make sure that it is electrically safe. Give us a call today to learn more and schedule your safety check today: 778-471-6625.